Thursday, September 23, 2021

Finer Finishing Tips #3

  Dome Top Casket Progress...


So as you can tell, I have changed from referring to my little inexpensive Amazon dome top box as a 'box'... it is now a casket. I am really having a lot of fun just tricking this thing out! Above is a little peek at something going on the INSIDE~ do you know what it is? It is a 17th c technique called Gummed Silk. You may remember that I taught this quite a few years ago at the SouthWest Get Together. I have always loved this technique and have studied several different caskets that were either entirely covered in it or had bits and pieces. I have been refining and changing my technique over the past few years and finally am getting consistent results that I am happy with. I will be offering an online class teaching this technique soon~ if you are interested and would like to get on my email list for info, just drop me a line at rlkinnison@yahoo.com. 

The next little video for the Dome Top Casket project is up on my YouTube ~ or you can view it here. Hope you enjoy and come back to follow the growth of this super cute casket!

Happy Stitching!


4 comments:

monoco58 said...

Thank-you so much for your videos on your finishing techniques. They are so helpful and I learn a lot. Please don't stop! Your time and expertise is appreciated very much.

Barbara Brown said...

Cool video! Now you just need to show everybody how to carve their own little feet! :-) Ly, Mom

Kay said...

Thank you Rachael. I am really enjoying this series. I have never carved anything so am interested to see how you carve the little feet.

Rachael Kinnison said...

Thankyou :) I dont show you how I carve the feet Kay~ that could be a whole class in itself! LOL I am uploading the next installment now...takes HOURS to upload a couple-minute video on my internet~ so check back tomorrow hopefully I'll have it all ready!