Friday, June 25, 2021

Would Ye Be Interested???

 In Finishing Workshops?

 I have been entertaining the idea of offering either in-person or online Finishing Workshops. Students would bring whatever project they need help or guidance with and work on that. Would ya'll be interested??

 The project would not have to be mine either.  You could bring a Christmas ornament you need a little help with to get together, or any wooden box or casket you need help with covering. 

      For in person class I would bring my tools to help with finer box/casket fitting and adjustments. 

 I love this idea because I can help you to achieve your dreams for your embroidery! Not all embroiderers have my woodworking background or have the right tools to get everything ship-shape.

For a beautiful finished project, as much time and care should be spent on the finishing as the embroidery itself.

I have lots of tips and tricks I can share....

Please let me know what you think. If there is enough interest, a Finishing Workshop could be in your future!



2 comments:

Jo Wootton said...

Hi Rachael.

Hope you are well.

The Finishing Workshops sound a brilliant idea. I would love to be able to take part as I finished my mirror case a while ago but haven’t yet plucked up the courage to do the making up. Not my favourite part at the best of times! What sort of form would the online workshops take, and do you have a price yet?

I must say, I worked on the mirror case during lockdown and so enjoyed it during that dreadful time we all went through. I was so grateful to have such a wonderful project during confinement!

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Jo

Amy said...

I got the music box where you did and have tried to install it in my casket. I don’t know how to get the lever on the side like yours.
I also want to have a mirrored section like yours with a bird in the middle.