Thursday, March 05, 2020

Back home

with...Treasures!
  I apologize for letting the blog slide this past month, was super busy with my order for a private needlework seminar and show at Colonial Williamsburg. As you can see, we were graced with beautiful weather~ 

  This year I designed and made special thread palette sets with one of the Williamsburg coaches on the fronts.  I took several things to sell as well, some of which the remains are in the ETSY shop, which I should also say, is back open now.
I love to design for special events~ something special no one else will have!

  I had alot of fun in Williamsburg this year, love love love the trades~ folks are always so passionate & eager to share their knowledge...I had a riveting conversation with the gals in the Weaver's Shop. If you recall I have a pair of rug mittens in the collection that are similar to the rose design of a piece hanging in the shop~ it is a knotted rug, whereas my mittens are knit, with the same effect of that thick full pile. 

Aren't they great? We were talking about how usually in clothing the pile is to the inside of the garment, not the outside. 

I did not come home empty handed of coarse... for those of you who have never been to Colonial Williamsburg, the Prentis Store in the historic area sells only items made by the craftsmen/women at the trades shops....so if you want something special, go there! Last year I bought several skeins of wool made and dyed at the Weaver's Shop...I was lacking greens tho. ( I have planned a pair of pockets for Wood) So this year, I was elated to find a nice selection of colours...and concentrated mainly on the 'uglies'.  Same as in quilting & beadwork...embroidery is no different~ its the 'ugly' colours that will make your work stand out and bring harmony to a design. An extra special treat, was that they had linen yardage....which they have not had the past two years I have gone. (If the weaver's have left overs from historic projects, they will sell the overage in the Prentis Store) This is 20" wide, Irish Fancy linen woven in a twill pattern~ so I just may make Wood's pockets from this instead of another linen I had set aside!

No comments: