Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Flat Top Casket Progress

Precious is Finished!
 Hard to believe she is finished...kind of depressing actually, I really miss working on her every day.....time to start thinking about the next one I guess~ which will be a more traditional double casket...not that this one isnt traditional. By traditional I mean, getting to use my antique silks and silk gimps and plates and all the fun  wonderful 17th c reproduction trims and threads I have been collecting.
It was really hard for me to get a good picture, so I gave up and just took a couple videos~
This first one was particularly frustrating, because she just doesnt look anywhere near how she looks in person. The dim candlelight just makes the marguarite beads of the water and grotto just dance...not to mention the gilt trim...I am more than happy with it, I love it. 

Since I live at the end of a dirt road, off another dirt road...its super dusty in my house so I had an acrylic case made~ the top slides over the fitted base to keep all the dust and whatever else(fingers) out! 

If you think something like this is too much for you to ever finish~ just remember, a little here, a little there, and 5 years later (maybe sooner for you) its done!

8 comments:

D1-D2 said...

Beautiful! I've enjoyed following along as you stitched it. By the way, what is the name of the melody? I really like it.

Rachael Kinnison said...

It is the Moldau by Smetana

Barbara Brown said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!! It turned out just as pretty as I imagined it would! LY, Mom

Elizabeth Kist said...

Fabulous!!

JustGail said...

I just popped over from Thistle Threads... Your casket photos are gorgeous, but when I see the video - OOOOHHHMMMYYYY!!!! Your casket is GORGEOUS! Sparkly Gorgeous Goodness!

woolwoman said...

just a stunning casket. your work is simply amazing.

Unknown said...

Ridiculously beautiful, you must be so happy.

Unknown said...

Oh my god, that is truly beautiful and amazing. Congratulations!