Saturday, December 07, 2019

Time is Short!

Last call for this years Limited Edition Ornament Kit!
   I have less than a handful of the Ort King ornament kits left~ he will only be available until they run out, or until the last day of this month, whichever comes first!  You can find him in the Diamond K Folk Art blogshop, or in my ETSY store...but he is more expensive in the ETSY store to offset some of the ETSY fees(not all of them!)

 Other than being sick as a dog for the past couple of weeks, 16 days to be exact and Im sick of being sick...but other than that I have been working on Precious's travel case. I have it finished and am now painting .
The 17th c reproduction hardware I had made for it arrived day before last and spent yesterday polishing  up the pieces to match my escutcheon I already had. Once I get the front painted, I can attach the wrap front hinges for the front flop down and it will finally be all together. With the time its taken in ink and paint for the front panel so far, I estimate at least a month to paint each panel...so will work on it between my other projects.....this is the reason I have very few of my painted pieces for myself...just takes too long & I cant afford my own work. 

And in case you are wondering just what I am painting on it....I have enlarged my actual panel embroidery patterns...the originals that I drew on my fabric, and am painting them in blackwork on the case...along with interesting facts about Precious~ who made her, how many hours...how many beads...those sorts of things. Its very 'Folky'.... very me.  What is fun to notice...is how the patterns got changed throughout my stitching...things I added while stitching...things I decided not to stitch....so it is a before in blackwork....and open the case to reveal the 'after' in colour.
This is a huge undertaking for me skills wise, as I am not used to painting in this large of a scale...so very, very challenging for me. All the mistakes show when one works with just one colour....

3 comments:

Barbara Brown said...

Can't wait to see the finished case!! Hope you're on the mend! We're going to be home for Christmas then at Aaron's on New Years Day. Wish you were here!! LY, Mom

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see this case! And it reminds me of how the beginning of The Wizard of Oz is black and white in the beginning and then when she gets to Oz the colors just blaze in your eyes!!! ;) xoxoxo

JLCWilton said...

Rachael,
I think your travel case will be just as beautiful as your casket. I can't wait to see it!

Jan Conners