Friday, July 27, 2007

The fields are harvested and bare,
And Winter whistles through the square
October dresses in flame and gold
Like a woman afraid of growing old............
~ Anne Mary Lawler

Is it these WICKED hot summer days that have me longing for the crisp fall aires??? The smell of the log fire burning, the fallen leaves decaying back to the earth.................that bite in the air when you first breathe it in? I have been dreaming of those days, that seem to go by in a flash, the older I get...................but sometimes......................., you know,.............. Dreams do become reality!
*****heeee heeeee~ do you seee her in there hiding???? Shes currently available on eBay!******

5 comments:

Hallowed Hill Primitives said...

OH Rachael. I know I'm wishing the year away, but I just long for October. I sometimes think it's because it's the month I was born.
I hate these bloody hot and humid days.................Barb

Lana Manis said...

Me too Rach! Autumn is my favorite time of year ~ always has been. I can clse my eyes and almost smell the fall air....

Lana

Lana Manis said...

Well, maybe I shouldn't CLOSE my eyes ~ I can't see how to type! LOL!

Lana

Sylvia Anderson said...

I'm wishing for autumn in this California heat....I too long for it! It is right around the corner, and your lovely new pumpking gal can't wait until it arrives! :)

Unknown said...

Before you know it, it will be autumn!!:o)