Thursday, January 23, 2020

Those Knobby Knees

No need for Embarrassment Thomas Henry.....
I often find myself wondering, if I were a dollye...just when would I have liked to have been made?  As alot of you know I teach at the Bath Textile Summer School certain summers...and how on Earth could anyone in their right mind live in Bath, England, and not just be head over heels in Love with  Jane Austen and the Regency era in general?  I have been reading several of Jane's books & letters....and as fate would have, had a special order for a male companion doll of said era....and thus, my obsession with Regency gentleman began.

Alas...this last grouping of boys has my girls swooning at every sight. I have never seen them so frazzled...so agitated, so ....fussy!

There is good reason why a nice Regency Dandy is few & far between....well, a gentleman doll of any period 19th c and before. Their wardrobes are so involved....so many pieces tailored to fit their every curve perfectly...the time it takes me to dress one gentleman, I could have dressed four ladies.  These little guys are so much fun tho, I thought you all would enjoy a picture of Thomas Henry's knobby  little knees, before he puts his trousers on.(no need to avert one's eyes....his manliness is well hidden within his long shirt!)

No comments: