Saturday, January 12, 2019

Inspiration!


Thankyou Frances~
 Earlier this past week I received a wonderful email from a reader that touched my heart so much, I asked and received permission from Frances to share it with you all here~ 

"Happy New Year and a big thank you from the UK. I became aware of your website last year and as the months have gone by have found myself drawn to it again and again.  I'm sure you hear this all the time, but your work is truly exquisite and you have inspired me to pick up a needle after many fallow years. I dipped my toe in and worked a little stumpwork lion and having finished that have embarked on a much larger project that I am working on every spare minute I get. So, thank you Rachael for sharing & inspiring"
 
  I am so blessed, truly, to get to share my love of early things and embroidery with you all here on my blog. It makes me so happy when I get emails like this, to know that I have inspired someone to pick up a needle again after some while off, or for the very first time. And just look at her lion(click on to enlarge)~ he is super super wonderful! My favorite are the wrapped parchment strips in the surround. Each parchment strip must be cut, then wrapped individually with silk floss... a process that takes forever.  I am super proud of Frances!

 We have emailed a few times and she has shared her newest project she is working on now, as well as some earlier ones, and this sampler above is one of my favorites, I just love it.  
The glorious circle of sharing and inspiration~ Frances was inspired by me, and shared with me some of what she has done, and in turn, she has inspired me so very much, and I hope, you all too!  It's never too late in the day, or the week, or your life, to pick up a needle my friends! 
Just do it!

No comments: