Monday, August 21, 2023

What Are YOU Waiting For?

 Time Waits for NO ONE

I finished the front frieze and front panel for my Scenes of Country Life, or Rural Pursuits casket this morning. SUPER chuffed!
I try and post something every day on Instagram...however much or little stitching I get done~ I think there is a link in the sidebar to it. I always get the same messages though....

'Oh, I love your embroidery I need to work on my casket, as soon as I get XXXXXXX finished and some little smalls done'

Is that YOU? Do you keep putting your casket on the back burner until you Retire...or until you finish a sea of endless tiny projects?

Well...let me tell you dearest readers....if you really want to stitch a casket...ya'll got to get on it! 

TIME WAITS FOR NO MAN...OR WOMAN

I will be turning 52 here in a couple of weeks. I used to be fit as a fiddle! No worries...hardly ever sick. Things change. We do not get better with age. PERIOD. Last year could have been my last. year. I am now deaf in one ear. Its hard for me to get up and walk around...I now have macular degeneration making it severely hard for me to see. I see shit that's not even there...and cant see what is. 
I have chosen to prioritize stitching my caskets because they are important to me. You may be one of those folks who love to dream about things and pet their threads and that is enough~ and it is enough if that is your want~ there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. But if you really DO want to stitch a casket....
GET OFF YOUR TUCCAS AND DO IT!
All those tiny little projects you did these past couple of years, could have been tiny bits of your casket. Heck all a casket IS...is a smathering of tiny little projects. Break that sucker down into its components, and just do it! BABY STEPS. Before you know it, your casket will be finished!
I will be starting the final panel of my casket~ the top, here shortly~ hope you stop on by my Instagram to check it out and let me know what you're working on!
HAPPY STITCHING!!!



No comments: