Thursday, September 29, 2022

A lil peek!

2022 Heirloom Embroidered Ornament Kit

Skarlet Ladye 


Oh. my. gosh.
I finished stitching the model for my 2022 annual Christmas ornament kit and it is so beautiful! I wish you could see it in person! Several years ago I was lucky enough to see a 17thc embroidered silk petticoat before it was auctioned, and I fell in love with it. The embroidery was fabulous, but what was most striking was the scarlet red silk it was stitched on.  Can you just imagine an embroidered red silk jacket!? (swoon)

I have wanted to make this ornament for some while, but could never find the right colour duchess silk satin. When I saw this satin earlier this year, I knew exactly what I wanted to make with it. I used some of my favorite motifs from the petticoat and designed what I think is my favorite ornament to date. It was super fun and pretty quick to stitch, so keep watching for the kit so you can make your own! 

If you would like to get on my annual ornament kit mailing list, just drop me an email at rlkinnison@yahoo.com


No comments: