Tuesday, May 18, 2021

2021 Ornament Progress....


  Getting There...

A couple more days stitching, maybe one or two and then it will be on to the assembly~ woo!  I have changed my mind several times on certain aspects of the embroidery...shown is the third configuration of crenelated gilt plates on this panel. I stitch it up and then let it sit for a few, ponder it for a while and decide I dont like it and rip it out.
The special ornament for this year is inspired by some of my favorite 17th Flemish embroideries, and I'm pretty excited myself to see it finished! What else is there to do in the pouring rain?

2 comments:

Barbara Brown said...

Everything about this, except for one thing, is gorgeous and looks like your work. BUT....the two toned leaves with the gold trim on one side, looks like something I would do....in a hurry, not real particular about the evenness of the stitches or direction......like I said, something I would do. Is that the part you keep doing over? Sorry Honey, but it just looks sloppy and not up to your standards. You're such a perfectionist and that part just looks like somebody else did it, not you. Love you! Mom

Rachael Kinnison said...

Gee thanks mom.... and no, that is not the part that I kept doing over. The configuration of the trim is what I could not decide on. The large leaves in the center are worked with two different colour threads at the same time, similar to Flecking, but I worked them in satin stitch, for a random effect. I like it.