Monday, February 01, 2021

 Happy February!


   I hope you all are well! It's has certainly been a while since my last blog post, and I apologize for that.  2020 was quite a year ...I wont be lying when I say I am glad its over! So much stress and heartache, I found myself in need of a distraction so I picked up an old quilt I had started some while ago...over a year ago actually, and have been working on it while watching the evening shows with the family. This is a technique called Broiderie Perse, which is basically chintz applique. It's the center of Di Ford Hall's Giggleswick Mill Sampler quilt. I had started it and then put everything in a bag and forgot about it. When a friend told me Di had passed away this past year, I was shocked that I didnt know, and so dug it back out.  

My online 17th c Beadwork class Beneath Thy Poft Oak students are motoring right along. Shown above is Patti T's progress thus far~ just look at those pretty legs! Patti has never EVER beaded anything before. Im super proud of all my students and how quick they catch on. We have a live chat every month where they can ask questions and talk together as a group which I have really enjoyed. I'm excited to be working on my next set of 17th c beadwork classes~ not telling what they are just yet, just that I am once again sparkling with anticipation to see them finished. Last year was a hard year for me and I was starting to wonder when my sparkle would come back, if it all.  I will be running this class again in the late fall, if you would like to be put on the wait list just drop me a line at rlkinnison@yahoo.com.

I am busy designing this years special Ornament Kit as well~ Bolivia V. sent me these pictures of her finishes for last years Fanciful Story and the Ort King from 2019. She did a super job and changed up some things to make them her own. I LOVE how she stitched the Ort King's hair to resemble a Barrister's wig. It makes my heart smile to see my kits finished & enjoyed by their makers.

I have restocked the ETSY shop with more #16 Bead needles and the ever popular black mourning straight pins. I have also decided this year I would offer a bit of my favorite threads and stitchy things~ like the above size 4 silk wrapped purls in my favorite pansy colours

Just look at these colours~ SOOOOO yummy! The gold on the bottom is new to the line, 0544, and it is THE most fantabulous gold for 17th and 18th c periods. Its clear and bright, just spot on. I have already swapped out all my 2533 with this colour. It just makes things POP~ can you tell how much I love it?


And feast your eyes on this gorgeous precious TINY braided cotton cording. Everyone loved the natural colour so well I got it in in black~ makes wonderful shoelaces and drawstrings for my dolly focused folks. Its minuscule, not even 1/16th inch wide....really great stuff!

Two of my 4 children have got their covid shots already....my parents just got theirs this past week and I am anxiously awaiting to get my own~ perhaps their may indeed be a light at the end of this never ending tunnel I seem to be trapped in....





1 comment:

Barbara Brown said...

Sounds like you're busy, busy, busy! Love the look of your quilt. How are you liking "on-line" teaching as compared to "in person" teaching? Less stress, more stress?? I'll be glad when you get your "shots", too. Jackie just got out of the hospital due to covid. She was in there about a week! Give the kids hugs, or elbow bumps or whatever from us!! LY, Mom