Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Could Spring actually be here????



Dare I to hope such a thing?! I am feeling a little better each day, thankyou so much for the get well wishes! I really do still feel horrible that I was not able to have a new dollye update this month~ the first time for me ever, since I have been on the web, that I missed one. I will have many new faces for you in May tho, so get excited, cause they're gonna be A-W-S-O-M-E!


I think, I am safe to say, spring has finally come to Colorado. We have the startings of green grass showing....I have a hyacinth that has 2 buds on it I keep peeking at each day, waiting with baited breath for it to open before the rabbits eat it! The Bloke is getting huge....this picture is about 3 weeks ago~ we have since moved him to a larger pen so he can zoom around. He gets so absolutely frisky~ just silly wanting to play, and he doesn't realize his strength of coarse, so we thought it best to find him a friend to keep him company. My husband, who seems to know everyone and their brother and their brothers uncle here in Colorado....said we should get him a goat. I was not to keen on the idea, until we got to Rainbow Ranch, just a canyon over from us, and I layed eyes on Ilona & George Eubank's cunningly sweet little goats! OHHHH MY~ I am so smitten with them!



Please meet 'Kate', the white one on the left, and Meisie, the black one on the right. Sweetest little girls you ever did see, they are 4mo. Meisie is a Kiko/Boer and Kate is a Boer cross. The adults aren't much bigger than this. Their coats are very wooly now, kind of like a sheep's~ and soooooo soft. (and to answer your question....YES~ you may indeed see some Meisie & Kate hair-do's on my dollys!)
I actually got Meisie first~ the black one....got her home and she just looked at me and her eyes were saying~ 'Where did everybody else go? Where are all my buddies?? Was I a bad girl?' ....well I just couldn't stand that look, and to hear her bleating for her friends, so went went back the next day and brought home Kate. As soon as Meisie saw her, she zoomed over to the crate and was SO happy! They been side by side ever since, and are getting along just fine with the Bloke. Perhaps we may have kids next spring :)

Ohh....and here is Lumpy.......being a lump! He has gotten as big as Yetti, our Great Pyrenees. They grow up so fast!



And Mr P.....the pappa pheasant. Mrs P was in sitting on her egg. Isnt he so gorgeous! Cant believe its nearly May already~ the children have the countdown to the end of school going~ 19 days I think it is. We get out pretty early here. I hope all of you are well, and enjoying all the gifts Spring has to offer!

4 comments:

Doreen Frost said...

Good morning Rachael. I'm so sorry to hear you were under the weather!!! I hope all is well now. Gorgeous photo's..I love them!

Wishing you a wonderful Spring day,
Hugs, Doreen

Annie Beez said...

Oh I WISH so much to live on a farm!! I love all of your animals!!! I have talked my hubs into a giant garden and a beeskep, chickens are not far behind!!!

Finegan Antiques said...

My heart is happy to hear you are feeling better. Please take it easy and do not put too much stress upon yourself.
You have quite the collection of wonderful animals. They are all precious and oh so cute.

Be well my friend.

Donna

Cindy Brick said...

It was SO nice to meet you today! Seems like we have had many subjects and sites in common...strange that we never ran directly into each other before. Hope you had a good trip home....and I'll be in touch.
(Gee, wish I could have chickens. Haven't talked DH into it yet.)