Sunday, November 08, 2009

Have Mercy.....

I finished my sample hoop of quilting this Am, and of coarse, I love how it looks......May God have mercy on me, and give my poor middle finger the strength it needs to endure. I may indeed, have to learn how to use a thimble after all these years. I have decided to discipline myself as with the last of the construction, to quilt quilt quilt every morning for a few hours. I will try a comfortable pace this next week, and then see how I have progressed, and try and estimate the time that I will need to finish....to adjust my time to be well and done by March. Yes. March is IT!
I am on to dollys today, finished a gorgeous gorgeous Polichinelle that I am so excited for you to meet~ if I can get it to hold still enough for a picture :) Happy Sunday!

3 comments:

Theresa said...

You know I never have learned how to use a thimble either. I can't feel where my stitch is going in if I use one... plus I find my stitches aren't as nice... so I gave up using one. The only thing that kinda works are these leather glue spot things. It's just a little leather dot that sticks to you finger... it doesn't cover the whole finger. I don't even remember where I got them. I find that I don't use them either... so just let your fingers rest and heal. :)

Rachael Kinnison said...

Hi Theresa! This is the same with me, I just cant feel anything with something on my finger. I do have quite a callus on my middle finger...my own built in thimble I guess....but golly, when you are stitching along and the needle pokes THRU...and it feels like it goes right to the BONE....it takes forever it seems for it to heal up. I think I may look for the little leather stickies....I was allready thinking maybe moleskin would help. THANKYOU for the tip
xoxoxo rachael

Barbara said...

The quilting looks great! I'm so glad you decided on this rather than the other. Let me know if you need my floor frame.
LY, Mom