Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Ghofsties & Ghoullies..............


Oft in the silence of the night,

When the lonely moon rides high,

When wintry winds are whistling,

And we hear the owl's shrill cry,

In the quiet, dusky chamber,

By the flickering firelight,

Rising up between two sleepers,

Comes a spirit all in white...............

~~Louisa May Alcott



I can not say exactly what it is in the summertime that makes me so look foreword to the fall....I suppose it could be the near 100 degree dry weather we have been having.....I don't know! It does seem a bit pathetic that just as the garden is starting to come alive, I am already planning where I will put my bunches of dried corn stalks and gourds this fall...... I have some wonderful Halloweenies for this year~ already! Mine aren't exactly scary tho....I like to think of them as just enchanted, without the fire & brimstone! The 'Widow Noir' will be listed on eBay this evening along with some other little specials~ you can see my eBay auctions by following the link on the right! Hope to see you there!

5 comments:

Sandra Evertson said...

She is Fabulous! As are all of your wonderful works!
Sandra Evertson

Christine LeFever said...

Oh what a beautiful and wonderful dolly she is!

I know why you love the fall. It is your favorite season! It is mine too! I love spring second best, and I put summer and winter on the same par. I'm not intoxicated with hot weather, you see. I'd rather cuddle up and get warm, rather than to strip down and wilt and seek coolness.

Christine (Zwee!!!!)
PS: I also don't even like tans.

Dixie Redmond said...

I love fall, too. Remember the New England humidity? Dry heat is an unknown here. All my books are starting to curl.

Suzanne said...

I have to agree...I'm not a fan of 100 degree weather! Fall is sounding better and better each hot and sweaty day!

Lone Pierette said...

Yes me too ! Spring and Fall are the best !
Wow you doll is so amazing , love her !
hugs Lone