Wednesday, May 28, 2008

SCRUB & WASH SCRUB & WASH SOME MORE
I have been trying to find information about the one bacteria that Tressa's first culture tested positive for, and come to find out I have been spelling it wrong this whole time~ it is in fact Acinetobacter Baumannii . If you would like to read more about this type of drug resistant bacteria, you can see a great sumary here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acinetobacter_baumannii

Reading the description is quite frightning, and makes me so much more happy with our Dr in cutting the whole of it OUT. We live out on a farm, and Tressa DOES shower every day....it is still a mystery to us all how she got this. It makes me want to hold down my children and scrub them all over with a hard bristle brush. I hope my dear readers will read its description, and be made AWARE of it, so that you will never have to deal with this in your family

No comments: