Saturday, June 25, 2022

Super Honored

 My 15th Consecutive Year Selected for Early American Life's Directory of Top 200 Traditional American Craftsmen

Words can't express how much it means to me to have been selected again this year for the 2022 Directory. THANKYOU to the judges for choosing my dollys to accompany so many other talented artists' work. I really do love making dolls.


You can find the Directory in the July/August 2022 Issue of Early American Life Magazine.  It's hard to believe 15 years have passed. It seems like an eternity, and at the same time, no time at all. I have made so many dollys over the years. I remember each and every one of them. Every so often, I end up really regretting selling a doll. I need the money so they do their part and happily travel the globe....the whole time though, I really miss them.

I was elated recently when a dealer contacted me that she had bought a large collection of dolls and several of mine were included. I could not wait to bring my Wrestling Heart back home, as pictured above. 


Marta also made the long journey from Virginia to Colorado. I almost cried when I opened them up, kindred spirits from so many years ago that I have missed so much! They have so many stories to tell the girls here of their long and marvelous travels~ the endless chatter has not stopped since they arrived! 

I am currently sculpting the figures for the 2022 Poft Oak beadwork class. Once I get those finished, I will hope to get some dollys in the ETSY shop later this summer!

Happy Stitching XOXOXO

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw the picture in the magazine last evening. John said- Look at all of these amazing artists! And I said- (without looking at the caption) look! There’s a dolly from Rachael!!😘

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Rachael. Well deserved. Your dolls are exquisite.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!