Thursday, January 27, 2022

Last week to Enroll & A Finish!

 Do you want to Learn how to make THIS?

There is but a mere 4 days left to enroll in my Spring 2022 class Gum Work~ The Art of 17th Century Gummed Silk. You can learn more about it and enroll here. It is such a beautiful and fun technique, and class starts on Feb 1st!

I also am so proud to share with you one of my student's finishes~

Patti was in my 2020 class Beneath Thy Poft Oak. Over the span of a year, I teach both surface and detached beaded stumpwork techniques, all combined into this beautiful sampler. I am so proud of Patti~ this is her first beadwork! 


I knew she wanted to incorporate her class piece into a casket when she started but did not realize it would be the focal point, as in, the work on the outside.  I think her vision was inspired and the result is a stunning example of less is more


She has worked her initials and date alongside, and due to forethought in backing preparations, her final mounting of the silk satin onto the wooden casket is just beautiful.



Her casket has such an elegant and classic aura, the interior fittings just as splendidly finished as the outside. I really love her use of blank space to create a peaceful & serene feel to it overall. 

Do not think that every nook and cranny of your casket's stitchable areas need be filled to the max, and I hope that you will let yourself be inspired by Patti's example!

I will be running this class again later this year, if you would like to be put on the mailing list, just send me an email or comment. Comments are moderated, so if you send your email address, it will not be published. 

Happy Stitching!!




3 comments:

Patti T said...

Thanks, Rachael. You made this possible by all your help and encouragement. I was very lucky to be one of your students!

xoxo

Patti

Barbara Brown said...

Patti....your box came out GORGEOUS!!!! You should be VERY proud!! Barb (Rachaels Mom)

Patti T said...

Thanks, Barb. Your daughter is great teacher. I hope you're feeling better and on the mend.

Patti