Friday, December 24, 2021

The Last Step...

 To Casket Finishing: Trim!


Casket 1070-1873, shown above at the Victoria & Albert Museum in London is one of my favorite caskets because I just love its unique trim. You can see it here. It's not the only extant casket that has lace over ribbon for trim, but it's my favorite. The lace makes for such a feminine look. This is the casket that was inspiration for the trim on my little dome top casket. 

I hand stitched lace over ribbon to make my trim, and my last Finishing Tips video on YouTube below shows how I apply the trim~ which is the same for ANY type of trim I am wanting to apply. Hope ya'll have a wonderful Christmas and come back tomorrow for a little video tour of the finished casket









1 comment:

monoco58 said...

Beautiful effect! I love the lace/ribbon combo.