Friday, April 30, 2021

Details &...

 1845 Girls Fan Front Dress

Here we are at the end of another week...heck the end of another month! Time is zooming by. Just imagine the time spent hand stitching this little girls dress from the mid 1840's. The minuscule gauged gathers on the fan front bodice, piped seams and microscopic braid trim shown above. Note the darn to the bottom of the picture.  This is one of my favorite little gowns.


The fabric is beautiful~ so dainty and feminine. The above picture is the strap across the shoulder


White soutache braid & dainty whitework edging borders the trim on the bodice and all tiers of the skirt. 


I have been working on the model for this year's ornament kit for those of you who have asked about it~ here is a little peek ;)

 It's super cute so far....what can I say have I ever offered an ornament kit I'm not super jazzed about? I dont think so! It is going to be really fun for you to stitch, and is so dainty~ it will fit in the palm of your hand. Keep your eyes peeled Ill be sharing more about it soon!



No comments: