Monday, July 16, 2018

Stressball Summer

Shhhhhh...be still....it's Looking at me....
 So what have ya'll been up to this summer??  I have had a super stressful first part of the year, I am surprised I still have hair. I keep meaning to post, but then something comes along, I get busy..ect ect, and time is just flying by leaving me in the dust....literally, the dust. We have not had any rain here in southern Colorado for soooo long, it has been so dry...tho last night it did finally rain~ woke me up out of a dead sleep to hear those little drops of joy.
 The Spring fire just up the road from us is in the 90% containment finally...last update I had was 108,045 acres. We were very lucky here to have the winds shift and take it in the opposite direction from us, but so many folks have lost everything. Its been stressful these past few weeks from that and some others things I don't even want to get into. 
I have been keeping uber busy working up not one or two, but four new classes for 2019!  I will be teaching two at the Spring Needles & Sins Needlework Seminar in Colonial Williamsburg, and two at the Bath Textile Summer School in Bath, England in August.  When the classes get posted by the event directors, I can share more info about them here. So keep your eyes peeled!
Of coarse the 2018 ornament is lagging behind because of all the other stuff going on...but coming on again. I had it finished already once, but then when I went to work up the kit, some of the materials I could no longer get....along with the fact that I didn't totally like how it came out the first time, so I did some redesigning, and started over. Little fellow up top here is happy I think.....his little dome is made up of Ghiordes Knott...I couldn't possibly pack any more stitches into that tiny space, and with the soie oval, its really soft and luxurious. It's nice to work with silk for a while, instead of beads....as much as I love them....but still...the eyes are beads so I guess I failed at getting totally away from the little things.

No comments: