Sunday, November 21, 2010

Back Home & Resting....


I am back home from surgery now and resting. WHAT a year/summer this has been. I don't like to talk about me or my body (BLEK) BUT..... I have entirely too many emails to answer, and not near enough energy, and hopefully, my little 'experience' will inspire one of you, to seek answers elsewhere, if your not getting them.....I'm probably not making a lick of sense...so here goes, my condensed version~ In the spring of 2009, I went for my wonderfully fun annual medical exam....and told my dr( female, who has been a dr for eons and eons) that I was having pain in the nether~regions....and some other things, to which she replied, its the FUN of getting OLD. She sent me for an ultrasound, and when the results came back, she sent me a photocopy, with " Don't think anything to worry about" written on the bottom. That was it. done. finito. except I was still having pain....I tried to call her several times, and could never get her on the tele, left messages with her nurse, that were never returned. I felt like poo, but in the means now we have gotten a huge bill for the ultrasound, and so I figured whatever must be in my head, and it will go away. Except, it didn't. This spring came around, time for my annual again, except I was still paying on the ultrasound from last year, so I put off going to see the dr until I had paid off that bill~ which was this past Aug. Went to see her again, told her the pain and other things were getting worse, to which she kindly replied how tired she was of 'everything' and she COULDN'T WAIT to retire this Nov. she sent me for another ultrasound. This is where I want to slap myself..... went to the ultrasound, the results came back, worse than before, but this time, the radiologist recommended that I GET ANOTHER ULTRASOUND IN 6 MONTHS...my dr called and READ verbatim the results, to which I said, HEY~ I have NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE SAYING?!!! And she said, it recommends I get another in 6 months~ to which I replied, well the cysts are still there from last year, didn't they compare the two???? So my Dr says, that's what they recommend, don't worry about it. And phone call was done. I sat there feeling like an absolute IDIOT. I was feeling worse and worse, and starting to loose weight now, so I went to see my husbands Dr. It was not easy. I really HATE talking about myself to a Dr....to anyone....and I didn't even know him. But I gathered my test results, and went to see him, and he was very concerned and got me answers IMMEDIATELY. When my problems were no longer within his area of expertise, he sent me to my surgical Dr and well, here I am now, all fixed and ready for another year...I think :) My test for ovarian cancer came back good, and Dr didnt call me on Friday with pathology on the bits they took out, so that means all is well. I had 2 cysts on an ovary that had attached and were obstructing my bowel, so Dr fixed that too. Geee, go figure, someone going out of their way to fix something that wasn't stated in writing before hand......I guess what I mean to say is, that if you feel in ANY way that you don't like the answer your Dr is trying to give you, or not, GO TO A DIFFERENT ONE.

Do you like the pic? Its a little sneek peek of the real solid silver spangles I have started making for the lace on Marguarite's jacket. The squares on the mat are 1", to give you a size reference...I have about 200 finished, ohhh...800 or so more and Ill be done :) It's good to be home


6 comments:

Marguerite (Tina) Smith Hart said...

Wow what an experience Rachel but thank goodness it is fixed now. I also am not a huge fan of going to the doctor!
I can hardly wait to see the finished jacket! Take care and rest up well...
Tina xo

Unknown said...

Hi Rachael! So glad to hear you are on the mend! I have been praying for you. Miss Catherine Swift sends her best wishes, also!
I am so happy to hear you got the help that you should have recieved earlier and I thank you for sharing your experience about the endless loop of testing that keeps one still waiting for any help! Your story will help others caught in that cycle.
God Bless you.
Laura

Maritza said...

Has pasado por malos momentos. Hay médicos muy buenos y otros que se toman las cosas con mucha tranquilidad y no piensan que nuestra salud está en sus manos. Pero lo importante es que todo está solucionado ahora y te encuentras bien. Un beso

Rachael Kinnison said...

Thankyou Tina~ and thankyou Laura too for the beautiful card you sent, it meant so much to me :) Endless loop of testing is an understatement....I am so thankful for my husbands Dr...words just cannot express. I should make him a medal!

Rachael Kinnison said...

¡Concuerdo! Thankyou tanto para parar por Maritza~

xoxoxo rachael

Margaret said...

Rachael, I am so glad you are back home and on the mend. I found that you have to be a medical pest sometimes and keep pursuing the answer. After all, it's your body, not theirs.
Margaret