Thursday, March 06, 2008

Do Your DUTY as a Patriot!!


RUN! Don't just walk to the nearest television with HBO, and watch the newest documentary "John Adams" premiering on the 16th of March!!!! It is an new 7 part mini series, and I talked my husband into adding HBO to our channels, JUST so I wouldn't miss it. I have seen the 'making of' movie, and am most excited~ as this is hailed to be the most accurate and factual, with amazing costume and Historical accuracy.....I think the closest we modernists will ever come to seeing the 18th century in living color, how it truly was at that time. Parts have even been filmed on grounds at Colonial Williamsburg~ the first such since the 1950s. A rare look at our history NO AMERICAN SHOULD MISS.

In my fit of passion, I found myself unconscious of the fact that my new vignette started out most patriotic with back hanging panels of a wonderful 1840 double woven coverlet in blue & white, and front and center the only surviving panel of a late 18th set of red & white quilted toile bed hangings, generously gifted by Edyth O'neill. The dapper little fellow in front is dressed for the American Centennial Celebration in 1876. He wears a Colonial Blue wool bustled frock with military braid trim over white muslin pantaloons(c1840). His straw bicorn hat is complete with creme satin cockade & tall silk plush pom.

You can learn more about the HBO Mini Series "John Adams" here http://johnadams08.com

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Oh! I wish I had cable...I so want to see this. It will have to wait patiently in my Netflix queue.