Saturday, December 08, 2007

A Visit with Santa...

All families have their traditions....ours is no different. I thought I would share a precious photo with you all that I bring out every year for Christmas. I took 3 of my 4 children this year, to see the dept store Santa...they all know he's just a worker bee for the Big man....but important, just the same. I had to laugh...looking at my freshly printed pictures today. There is my son Josh, he's 9, proudly standing with one leg on each side of Santa's knee......looking closer, there is his FLY open! ::::sigh:::: Moving on, gee~ theres not one, but 3 poses of my sweet Emma, she's 6 ~ guess the photographer could tell she loves to have her picture taken. And lastly, my precious Pippin. 2 years old in Sept, her first trip to sit on Santa's lap. hmmmmmm.........yes, just as I expected~ I have to laugh out loud, as I look at her picture~ SWEET picture.....there she is, sliding off Santa's lap, he's got one arm around her trying to hold her up there, while he catches his glasses in the other hand, her big pouffy pink coat is all pulled up and bunched under her chin, her face is red as a cherry, eyes are clamped shut, her mouth is wide open and you can almost hear her window shattering screeching thru the image..............how precious is THAT! I'm still giggling, when I look up on my mantle, and see this picture of my Mother~ Barbara Ioerger. I think this was around 1949 or so...it just may have been her first meeting with the Big Man, by the look on her face. Wonder what she asked him for???

2 comments:

Barbara said...

I didn't ask him for ANYTHING!!! I was too scared! All I wanted was OFF and AWAY from that STRANGER! I can relate to Hannah's reaction. If I hadn't been so afraid my Mom would have killed me, I would have screamed, too! Ha! Ha!
Love you, Mom

Sylvia Anderson said...

It's a wonderful picture of your mom Rachael....and too funny about your children's pics! I can relate, as we went through several years of Santa pictures where Simon was crying. This year we finally got a smile from him. :)