Thursday, August 30, 2007

Savoring the Last Few Sweet Days of Summer...............
Next commeth September?????????? Allready? Where did the summer go? We have been very busie here at the LRM~ I guess it has put me in a time warp...seems like just yesterday the children were ancious for the last day of school. Lately all I have been hearing is 'Mom~ when is school going to start?' Come Sept 4 they will be on their way again...........at least I will have lil Pippin here to keep mommy & dollys company! I have some wonderful new things here at the museum that will be getting their photographs soon to share.....and of coarse some new dollys!
This is one of my favorite Queen Anne dollys~ Mifs Thankful Purdy. I always have adored the name "Thankful".....one of the original passengers on the Mayflower had this name, along with a brother, "Wrestling". Being a mother of 4 children myself.....I can get a pretty goode idea of why that little fellow was named 'Wrestling'.............

I had planned on selling Mifs Thankful........but truth be told, mommy likes her an awful , awful lot. We have had a long discussion, and she will be staying here with me! So, since space at the Inn is always limited, I will be listing a very, very special girl up on eBay this night~ I hope you will stop by and take a peek at my auctions & support the LRM!

3 comments:

Greeneyez2 said...

Goodness, those eyes are mesmerizing. You do know how to put a lifelike spirit into your dolls!
Always an admirer,
greenie

Unknown said...

I don't blame you for keeping her:o)!!!

Lana Manis said...

She's beautiful Rachael! Look at that little tendril..... just perfect.

Lana